An unexpected pregnancy can trigger many different emotions, ranging from happiness and excitement to confusion and anger. You may feel pressured to make a decision about your pregnancy right away. We encourage you to pause and take time to discuss your thoughts and feelings with someone who respects you.
If you are having mixed feelings, Heart to Heart can help you to make an informed decision. While we do not perform or refer for abortions, our promise is to provide you with accurate information to empower you to make an informed decision about your pregnancy.
Both medical (pill) and surgical procedures carry risk of complications. You have the legal right to all the information available. Specifically, you should request information about the following:
- An explanation of the abortion procedures available
- Risks and side effects of the abortion procedures
- Alternative options for your pregnancy
- Is there an emergency care plan
- Does the abortion doctor have admitting privileges to a nearby hospital
An abortion is your decision and you have the freedom and the right to take your time in making that decision, and the right to change your mind if you so choose.
Schedule an appointment with our nurse today.