Overcomer is formerly known as REAL Essentials. Our program educates youth regarding the challenges and temptations they will face in adolescence. The curriculum includes fun, interactive, and age-appropriate activities developed to teach impulse-control, self-regulation, and personal growth.
The Overcomer program incorporates curriculum from The Center for Relationship Education. The curriculum is medically accurate and evidence-based. Healthy relationships are an essential component of life.
Once a month, our educators are available to teach an after-school program to middle and senior high students. Our topics include the following:
- Leadership & Communication Skills
- Safe Dating Strategies
- The Value of Commitment and Marriage
- Ways to Connect & Communicate with Parents
- Impulse Control & Teen Brain Development
- The Science of Healthy Relationships
- Character Development
- Personal Power & Self-Regulation
- Conflict Resolution & Problem Solving
- Media Literacy
- Prevention of Pregnancy & Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Peer Pressure & Setting Boundaries
- Life Mapping & Future Orientation